Monday, February 16, 2015

Travel to Turkey (Winter Break)


I have no excuses for my failure as a blogger. But allow me to share how I ended 2014. Along with 4 other Peace Corps friends, we went to Turkey for 9 days. There also were 10 or so other PCVs there we met up with throughout the trip. The Turkish bath/massage was a highlight that I cant share pictures from but I highly recommend. My trip to Turkey included Istanbul, and Cappadocia. Unfortunately the weather did not allow us to take the famous air balloon ride in Cappadocia. The trip was amazing, below are a number of pictures: 



Bazaar on Asia side of Istanbul

Blue Mosque

Picture from top of Galata Tower

Cappadocia Caves

...I ate well on this trip

When in Turkey, get a shave and leave the 'stache

St. Anthonys Catholic Church - Christmas decorations!

Baklava. DRIPPING HONEY.

Back home with the host family! (and newest member, Andrea [Andrew])
The trip was amazing, and I have been busy working for my organization (Young Pedagogues Union), working to get ready for LIFE Camp 2015 (Leadership, Integration, and Fitness Education), and working on several Peace Corps committees: GenEq committee, and Safety&Security committee ever since I got back from Turkey. Peace Corps life is keeping me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment